The perfect people-pleaser and easy breakfast. Serve the French toast with a dusting of powdered sugar, berries, and maple syrup.
1 cup half-and-half
Whole-wheat bread, or white bread
Confectioners' sugar for serving
Raspberries for serving
Maple syrup for serving
- Place a large skillet over medium heat.
- Combine the eggs and half-and-half in a large, shallow bowl. Beat well to combine; stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Place the butter in the skillet and let it melt; swirl the pan to make sure the butter coats the bottom.
- Working in batches, soak the bread in the egg mixture for 1 minute on each side.
- Lift the bread out of the custard mixture and let it drain briefly before placing it in the skillet.
- Cook the French toast over medium heat, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, about 5 to 8 minutes. Repeat with the remaining bread and egg mixture.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings and enjoy.