Frying can be messy and we'd like to skip over that part. This air fryer fish is the perfect substitute. Crunchy and perfectly flaky, skipping the frying means no unnecessary oil and it takes less time!
Panko bread crumbs
1 pound haddock or cod fillets
Tartar sauce (optional)
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. Peel and cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with oil, pepper and salt. In batches, place potatoes in a single layer on tray in air-fryer basket; cook until just tender, 5-10 lightly browned and crisp.
- Pat fish dry and season on both sides with salt, pepper and cayenne powder.
- Place flour, egg, and coat in panko bread crumbs.
- Working one at a time, coat fish in flour, then in egg, and finally in panko, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, place fish in basket of air fryer and cook at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes, gently flipping halfway through, or until fish is golden and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.