Delicious chickpea fritters that make a tasty dinner with little effort.
Serve with a fresh salad and you're set!
Canola Oil for frying
2 cloves garlic
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
4 1/2 c. packed baby spinach, divided
Canned chickpeas, rinsed
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground coriander
6 oz. roughly torn baguette (about 4 cups)
4 cups grape tomatoes, quartered
1/4 red onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp. olive oil
- Set up a deep fryer, add canola oil and heat it to 350°F.
- Using a food processor, pulse garlic, yellow onion, 1/2 cup spinach, 1/2 teaspoon salt, powdered cumin, coriander, and flour until finely chopped (chickpeas should be coarsely chopped)
- Form mixture into medium sized balls and fry each sides for 4 minutes, until golden brown..
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss tomatoes, red onion, lemon juice, olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Add the remaining 4 cups spinach, fold into the salad, and top with croutons!