Get your Mexican food fix at home with this Smoked Tex-mex grilled chicken fajita recipe! Super easy and delicious, perfect for a family picnic or get together.
Minced / Paste garlic
Smoked paprika powder
Yellow/ orange Bell pepper
- To begin with, pound the chicken breast into half it’s original size. Doing this makes the meat tender and helps in absorbing the marinate better.
- In a zip-lock bag, combine all the ingredients and marinate the meat in it.
- Keep the marinated meat in the fridge for 6 hours to overnight.
- On a grill, heat the oil in a large skillet pan over medium to high heat. Add in the sliced onion and peppers.
- Pour little water and cook the veggies until it starts to brown and caramelize.
- Lastly, Pre heat the grill on a high heat, and grill the chicken 2-3 minutes in both sides.
- Once it’s ready, let it cool on the side for a few minutes.
- Slice it into strips and serve with veggies, guacamole, salsa, sour cream and cilantro, the right way!