Instant Pot is a definite kitchen essential. Create hearty and comforting meals in just 30 minutes, like this tenderly delicious beef stew. Effortless to make and great for serving a crowd, on a chilly night!
Beef stew meat
Salt and Pepper
Crushed garlic cloves
Diced yellow onion
1 large russet potato
All purpose flour
Optional (red wine for a richer and darker stew)
- Set Instant pot to Sauté. Once it's hot, add in oil.
- Pour in the beef stew meat and season with salt and pepper (adjust to your taste)
- Cook each sides for 4 minutes, until brown. Keep meat aside once it's cooked.
- Next, add in the diced onion, garlic and tomato paste. Stir it around until it's starting to stick to the pot. Pour in 2 cups of water to deglaze.
- In the pot, place the meat and other vegetables along with the bay leaves.
- Seal the pot and set it to high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Make sure the cycle is complete before unlocking the pot.
- In a small bowl, make a slurry using corn starch and mix it into the pot. Simmer for few minutes until the soup has thickened.
- And you're good to go!