Save time and energy with this healthy instant chili con carne. A quick, comfort yet nutritious food perfect for dinner on a chilly night.
Ground beef / chicken
Beef/ chicken broth
Kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
Additional: Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped spring onion to serve
- Set instant pot into sauté mode and add olive oil.
- Add in your chopped onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Next, add in your tomato paste and ground meat, and cook until meat isn’t pink anymore.
- Switch to Instant Pot and add broth, beans, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lock lid and set to Pressure Cook on High for 13-15 minutes.
- Once it’s ready, quick release and remove lid.
- Serve with tostada and other desired toppings!