Haleem is an all time favorite stew in the Middle East and Central Asia. A simple one pot recipe nutritious, savory and full of flavor. Great for feeding a crowd!
Urad (mash) dal
Split Chana Dal
Moong Dal (yellow lentils)
Beef / Mutton
- Soak Grains and lentils.
- Sauté onions, garlic, and ginger.
- Add the meat, sauté for a bit, then add the rest of the ingredients and pressure cook with the Meat/Stew Setting.
- Open the Pot. Remove the beef and pulse enough in the food processor to shred.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the lentils & grains.
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use the food processor too.
- Add oats and cook the Haleem down. Once it starts bubbling, cover and slow cook until a foam-like top layer appears.
- Garnish with fried onion and chopped coriander!