Try this tasty Italian-style meatball recipe that's quick to prepare and perfect to serve a crowd!
Whole plum tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes for a sweeter flavor)
1/4 cup of milk
Grated Parmesan cheese
2-3 garlic gloves, finely chopped
Handful of chopped parsley
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, lightly brown chopped garlic on olive oil. Add in the tomatoes and chili flakes, let it simmer until it has soften into a pulp. Season with salt and pepper. Keep aside to cool down.
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, egg, 1/4 cup of milk, ground beef, chopped garlic, grated parmesan cheese and rest of the dried herbs and chili flakes.
- Work with lightly oiled hands and shape mixture into small to medium sized balls.
- Cook the meatballs in the tomato sauce for 10-12 minutes over medium heat, turning them over in the process.
- Serve the meatballs with mashed potatoes, green beans, pasta or fresh bread.